In 1836 Professor Johann Andreas Schubert founded the “Dresden-Übigau Aktien-Maschinenbaugesellschaft” at the current location.
With the construction of the first German steam locomotive “Saxonia” and the steamship “Queen Maria” in 1837, the company became known beyond the borders as the cradle of industrial devel-opment in Germany.
Over the centuries, companies have al-ways settled in Dresden-Übigau that have continued the tradition of boilers, tanks and steel structures.
In 1992 the steam boiler construction and manufacture of hydropower turbines began, which was continuously expand-ed with the foundation of the company “HSI Turbinenstahlbau Dresden-Übigau GmbH” in 2000. Other products were also added, in addition to pressure ves-sels, supplies for plant construction and repairs.
Today, “HSI Turbinenstahlbau Dresden-Übigau GmbH” established itself as a solid, medium-sized company on the market and can look back on a success-ful development.